By your Fitness Trainers at Century Fitness
You probably noticed added options such as the new Functional Training Room and Body Pump style bars and weights for the Group Exercise Room. TRX Suspension Training, Dynamax Balls, plyo boxes, battle ropes and more are all part of the functional training trend or boot-camp style workouts.
So, what’s the deal with these workouts and why try them?
- Periodically your routine should change to get the best response from your body – adding to your results
- Using functional methods such as TRX engages more core work and increases the strength of stabilizing muscles
- A boot-camp style workout performed at a good clip will increase your metabolism
- Functional training more closely relates to real life movements for everyday, recreation or sport
- Trying new exercises keeps it fresh and exciting – helping you stay motivated
Remember knowledge is power and the more fitness methods you learn, the better your results will be. A great way to learn is to take advantage of workshops or sign-up for Small Group Training. We have incredibly talented personal trainers who offer these cost saving Small Group Training classes for a fraction of the one-on-one Personal Training rate.
This article is intended to provide general knowledge of health and fitness principles and should not be taken as medical advice or used to diagnose health problems or for treatment purposes. It is not a substitute for medical care provided by a licensed and qualified health professional. Always consult your doctor or licensed healthcare provider for personalized advice on diet and exercise.