By Yesenia Rivera, Group Exercise Coordinator and your CFit Trainers
Spring is here and warmer weather is around the corner, with that said I can not emphasize more on participating in our excellent group exercises program!
Well, I highly recommend trying out “group exercise” more commonly known as aerobics classes; but they are more than just an “aerobics class”. Fitness is an ever changing and evolving science, and in this day in age there so many well-developed fitness classes and programs that it has become very inclusive of every fitness level, age, and fitness goal.
Group Exercise is a great way, if not the best way to start any fitness journey.
Why you ask???
Well, when you join a “group exercise class”:
- You will get the help, assistance, support & motivation of our experienced instructors.
- You will feel in a more comfortable environment and develop a healthier relationship with exercise.
- Every month we try to highlight one of our classes. This month I will highlight the Fun, exhilarating and energetic Zumba class.
- Zumba is a fitness program that uses Latin and international music rhythms combining dance and fitness moves bringing a fun twist to working out.
- A Zumba class incorporates interval training – alternating fast and slow rhythms with bodyweight exercises.
- As an aerobic activity, Zumba can count toward the 75-150 minutes a week of moderate to vigorous aerobic activity. It is recommended for most healthy adults by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- A high number of people who try a Zumba class become addicted to the exhilarating feeling it gives. Zumba class participants, leave class feeling happy, highly energetic and motivated to come back for more.
- Zumba can help reduce many health risks, aids in weight loss or may help keep excess pounds at bay. It can help strengthen the heart and will give a boost to better your mood.
- If you enjoy Zumba, you’re also more likely to do it regularly — and experience its benefits as an aerobic exercise.
So, what are you waiting for???
Come try it out…You will not be disappointed.