By Yesenia Rivera, Group Exercise Coordinator
Meet Your Group Exercise Instructors
LINDA LEAO RAINA– Personal Trainer/Coach & Group Exercise Instructor
22 years Fitness Experience
Currently instructs Muscles ‘n Motion and TRX Small Group Training
Certifications and qualifications include:
• Spartan SGX Coach for Obstacle Course Racing
• TRX Suspension Training Level 2
• AFPA Peri-natal Fitness
• NSCA Strength and Conditioning Specialist
• ACSM Health / Fitness Instructor
• AFAA Group Exercise and Yoga
• BA in Applied Exercise Science from Springfield College
• Also experience with Marathon Training
National Health, Fitness & Sport Month with Group Exercise
The month of May was designated “National Physical Health, Fitness & Sports Month” in 1983 by the President’s Council on Fitness to promote healthy lifestyles among all Americans and improve our quality of life. American leaders realized fitness was vital for our citizens as early as 1956, when President Eisenhower created the President’s Council on Youth Fitness, renamed in the early 1960s by President Kennedy as the President’s Council on Physical Fitness to include people of all ages.
As we all know regular physical activity is good for everyone’s health, and people of all ages and body types can be physically active. National Physical Fitness and Sports Month is a great time to spread the word about the benefits of getting active.
Here are just a few benefits of physical activity:
- Children and adolescents – Improve muscular fitness, bone health, and heart health
- Adults – Lower the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer
- Older adults – Lower the risk of falls and improve cognitive functioning (like learning and judgment skills).
Now with that in mind we continue to recommend our club members to participate in our Group Exercise classes and our Small Group Trainings.
Join a Group – Working out with others keeps you on target. Your classmates will hold you accountable for attending each day and you’ll enjoy working up a sweat together. You will not regret joining in the fitness fun!
These articles are intended to be provide knowledge of general health and fitness principles and is not medical advice.
Please consult with a physician if you have questions.